CSI Consultants Inc. is headed by Dr. Charles S. Isaacs. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he majored in Mathematics at LIU-Brooklyn and then attended the University of Chicago Law School, both on full scholarships. He later earned an M.A. in Sociology from the New School for Social Research and a Ph.D. from The Union Institute, where his focus was on Community Organizing. He now resides in Newburgh, NY where he recently served as founding President of the Lawrence Farm Homeowners Association.
During the 1960's and 70's, he taught in the NYC public schools and at the City University of NY. Simultaneously, he was an organizer and activist in communities as diverse as the Ocean Hill-Brownsville and Flatbush sections of Brooklyn, rural Northern Michigan, and Staten Island. He chaired People Against Racism in Education for five years, developed anti-racism training programs, and wrote dozens of articles for a variety of publications, including a cover story in the NY Times Magazine. In 1977, when his political activities made continued public and academic employment untenable, he found a job in commercial real estate (where almost anyone could get one), became a broker, and was soon appointed Director of Research at a major NY firm. After a few years, he branched out on his own and founded CSI Consultants Inc. For 17 years, as a behind-the-scenes player, CSI provided real estate brokerage and consulting firms with technical, promotional and analytical services that extended beyond their in-house capabilities. These services included . . .
· Financial Analysis & Engineering;
· Local, National & International Market Studies;
· Client Reports;
· Strategic Planning;
· Expert Witness Testimony; and
- Ghostwriting of Technical By-lined Articles & Books.
Many of the nation's most prominent real estate organizations availed themselves of these services, including CB Richard Ellis, Douglas Elliman Commercial, GVA Worldwide, GVA Williams, SL Green Real Estate, The Lawrence Group, Kenneth D. Laub & Co., Plymouth Partners Ltd. and The Peregrine White Company.
In addition to ghostwriting for these clients, Dr. Isaacs was published on real estate issues under his own name in such periodicals as Real Estate Review, Journal of Property Management, Buildings Magazine and Management Review.
In 1998, Dr. Isaacs conceived a new mission for CSI, one that merged his proven real estate expertise with his long-standing commitment to human rights and community service: Providing non-profit organizations with the scope and quality of real estate services otherwise enjoyed only by major corporations and institutions. CSI offers small and mid-sized non-profits the opportunity to make real estate decisions informed by expert advice and counseling, and to benefit from expert representation in negotiations.
Among our clients:
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Community Resource Exchange
- Make the Road NY
- Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center
- Center for Progressive Leadership
- Community Food Resource Center
- City Limits
- Community Mediation Services
- Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University
- Brownsville Community Development Corporation
- Brownsville Multi-Service Family Health Center
- Urban Justice Center
- Business Center for New Americans
- Fund for the City of New York
- NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- National Economic & Social Rights Initiative
- Downtown Center for Non-Profits
- Counseling Service of EDNY
- Latin American Integration Center
- Youth Force
- Social Justice Leadership Collaborative
- Jewish Funds for Justice
- Physical Therapy of Harlem
- Benjamin Banneker Community Development Corporation
- Voices of Women -- Battered Women's Resource Center
View our Track Record to see a brief summary of the sophisticated services CSI has provided in the past to Corporate America, and is now making available to the non-profit sector.